Will We Do Another TV Show?

We really have done a poor job on this blog this year. In fact, after the media interviews we did last year, in addition to filming a guest appearance on Sisterwives, and our own special on My Three Wives, we really got a little burned out.

I know a lot of people have a tough time grasping this concept, but in reality our motives for what we do have little to do with money. We wrote the book to get our story out. We do the hundreds of interviews not because we like being public, but because we feel it is an important responsibility.

We have cut back on both our interviews, and our blog and to you, our loyal followers and supporters we apologize. We have been touched by the love and support we have received and have felt the difference our efforts have made and it is those results that fuel us forward. There are those who wish to keep us silent and they shall not prevail.

You will see more TV series, and more polygamous people being more public this we are sure of. Some good examples, some bad most likely. In the end, we hope people see us as people. That we are no better, and no worse as a class of people as anyone else.

The question we get the most is will we do another TV show?  When we negotiated to do our special with TLC one of the motives was to gauge the experience and see on our part if we were willing to go forward, and for them to see on their part if we were something they would find marketable. We certainly learned what we like and what we disliked about the process.

I think in the end TLC did not want another Sisterwives, they wanted something different than what we had or were willing to offer. With the success of such shows as Jersey Shore, and subsequent shows now such as Breaking Amish, we think the reality TV market will certainly seek out and flourish with such programing that frankly does not meet our values and standards.

We have no desire to do a show or any publicity for the sake of profit or publicity. However, we will continue to find venues, projects and ways that we feel can educate the public about not just plural families, but about how families everywhere can flourish. We are in the midst of exploring some possible projects now that could be exciting. In the meantime, we will continue to publish real, raw and quality content on this blog and hope you continue to read and follow.

We are far from perfect, and hope by exposing our tribulations and the triumphs we ultimately are able to have over them as a result of the togetherness of our family that we can move, touch and inspire others the way so many have been able to do for us.  The added burden of a blog, and media appearances often take a toll, however, we commit to continue to move forward.

Thank you for your readership, for those who follow us on Twitter, Facebook or the many ways that we feel the support and love of community, we appreciate you. There are many of you who have loyally and faithfully commented for so long that we feel like you are old friends.

Thank You!

This entry was posted in Polygamy. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Will We Do Another TV Show?

1. kath says:

Well said. You are a great example of how family should live and love. I think that your decision is a good one for your family. It seems that these reality shows end up fracturing lives and highlighting the worst in everyone. Keep well, and wishing you happiness …

2. Heather says:

Great to hear. I was hoping you might do a series. I think your family is awesome but I completely understand not wanting to be involved in a project or industry that goes against your values. One great thing that came from your special; I think many new supporters like myself were turned on to your blog! Prayers and best wishes for your family going forward!

3. Eva says:

For the record, I’m glad you guys decided against TLC. I look forward to the future projects and the additions to the blog! :)
    Do any of the wives have a pinterest?

4. Kari Kirkland says:

Thank you for letting us know. I will follow along with your stories and watch/read what you do. I did watch Polygamy USA, the new series on National Geographic and I liked it too!
    I am sure there will be people out there that will think negative of anything, but I remain a loyal supporter of your family! Thanks for blogging more!

5. Rachelle says:

I respect your decision to not do a TV show right now. If the opportunity was there, for education of those that don’t understand, would be great! You may be another polygamous family, but your life style is so different from Sister Wives and it gave the public another view point on how you live/function in a household such as yours. Although I don’t think I could live that life, I admire all of you for how successfully you are able to do it. Keep up whatever you are doing! I do look forward to seeing more of you and will be purchasing your book.
    Thank you for putting your family in the public eye to clear up som misconceptions!
    God Bless all of you!
    Rachelle

6. SignumCrucis says:

I’ll continue to follow as long as you all continue to post. Love you all!

7. Anna says:

Thank you all for your transference. I so enjoyed reading your book. And it bothers me that people are so ok with men having multiple girlfriends but yet they are not ok when a man wants to support and commit themselves to more than one women. I hope you continue writing and that we see this change in the future.

8. Heather says:

You have what so many do not, and that is INTEGRITY! I hope you either publish your blogs or write another book. Rock on, Dargers!

9. Heather says:

You guys are an awesome example of what a family is! Families aren’t always
    perfect but a family is love and Yalls family has plenty. Alot if blogs, shows ,and books only tell the good and make life seem as a fairy tale with everything perfect always and a money tree in back yard thanks for always being honest and a family real people can relate to. I love how y’all live in same house and not different one’s, everyone works together, I would love to watch a show with y’all but I’m sure it changes things and can bring in unwanted and unneeded problems so I will continue reading blog when posted and following on twitter and if ever a show is on with your family it will be watched!

10. Laci says:

I love following you guys! Is there a way to watch your “My Three Wives” special online?

11. Katie Ballard says:

As a loyal follower, I kinda knew you weren’t going to do a show. Your are not in it to become famous or make a ton of money (which is what makes your family so special) and that’s ok! I do hope that you find a way to keep in touch with us. God Bless you all and I know that even if you don’t have a show or anything like that, your family is always in my prayers and thoughts.

12. Amy says:

I love that your family is standing by your values and morals. So refreshing!

13. Tracy Roth-Myers says:

I feel like you all have the right do whatever you feel comfortable with and I admire and respect your family! You folks are wonderful and what a great inspiration to all!
    Regards, Tracy Roth-Myers.

Tracy you are one of the people we thought of when we wrote this post. Thank you for always being so supportive for so long.

14. Alice says:

I was hoping that you would do a series (but I knew you wouldn’t). Your family is too normal. I love watching shows about families who love and care for eachother. I like your values. I wish there was a place for that on TV but sadly there isn’t.
    I’d love a book on how you organize/run your family.
    Many Blessings.

15. Michele says:

I missed your TLC special “My Three Wives”. We don’t have cable so I’ve been searching for it via internet. I have been unsuccessful, only finding clips. Do you have a link for the full episode?

I wish we did. For some reason TLC has elected to hold on to it. They have not re-aired it or put it available on the rental DVD market. We have inquired but have not heard what their plans are. However, if we hear anything you can be sure that we will post it on this site and via our social media to let people know.

16. Mia Marjaana says:

I have read your book recently, but I haven’t seen the TLC special yet. I hope I get to see it, I’m in Norway so I have no idea when the TLC special might appear on screen here. I have totally fallen in love with you all through reading your book, and I am inspired by you all about how to become (hopefully!) a better wife for my husband. Thank you all for what you have thought us through your book. I quite recently discovered the blog too, so I have a long way to go yet to read it all! That’s how it is outside the USA. ;)

Wishing you all the best in the future. I respect your desicion on not “selling yourself” to what TLC want, there are more than enough people doing that. (In general, not thinking about people living in polygamy in special..) I think you are “too normal” as someone else mentioned too, but I would like to se normal people, but I respect and understand that you cannot accept just anything from TLC. (Or other channels)

Love and Blessings,

Mia

• Alina says:

Thank you for your kind words Mia. We are humbled by comments like yours. We hope to find some kind of idea on when TLC may release the special on video. For now we suppose they are using it to release as they see fit to maximize their economic return. I suspect that the next season of Sisterwives will see them replay it before they release it to DVD. In the meantime stay in touch with us in the virtual world and much love your way!

17. Ali says:

I have been following your blog for over a year now. It has been a huge blessing to me! I often wait until the kids are in bed and all is quiet (finally!!) and I hop onto your blog to see how things are going with you all. I know it seems strange, but you feel like friends of mine whom I look forward to catching up with via your posts. I love reading your posts for the wisdom and insight you share about our relationships with our loved one/s, for the humour, for the recipes, for knowing I’m not the only one who forgets a gas bill now and then, and for just feeling like there are other special families out there who are walking the difficult yet precious path of being parents / partners / financial providers etc etc! For all the time, energy and commitment you have put into your blog, I want to say a personal ‘thank you’. It is a real blessing and joy for me!
    Sending love to you all and your precious family,
    Ali from Australia!

• Alina says:

From one Ali to another, thank you! The internet is amazing that way, and knowing that we have so many connection around the world really is indicative of how the world should really work. We are all so much more alike than we realize. Thank you for your encouragement and for your personal sentiments of love sent this way. You know we make what we call a vision board of various things we want to accomplish or obtain in our life and post it in where we can look at it each day. One of mine is a trip to Australia. Perhaps when it happens some day we can make a personal acquaintance.

• Ali says:

I love your idea of a vision board! I might have a go at that myself! But pop my email on your board and I’ll pop the kettle on when you get down here!! You would be welcome visitors any time! xox

18. Iris says:

What bothers me about this show and the Brown Show Is since there is only one wife, in case of death, what happens to all the children? What about taxes? Medical care?
    Operations? Food and basic clothing?Is this where all the Plgys milk the system?

It seems as if the wives don’t even care much for each other. In fact, I can’t think of one positive reason for any of them to stay together. The one husband gets all the perks; mistresses and food.

19. Sue says:

I think TLC should reconsider. I do not like Breaking Amish. I believe it to be fake. I would like to see your show as well as United Bates of America. I think TLC missed the mark by not re-airing your show. All the best to you.

20. lex says:

I enjoy your blog and admire the frank and openess all of you share in regards to your lives and beliefs. I think, as long as no one is being hurt or forced against their will, they should be able to practice their beliefs and feelings.

I actually preferred your special to the SisterWives show (and I enjoy both). I like your family dynamic and while I am sure that there are struggles everyday, you all speak your mind – communication is key! and work it out together!

TLC seems to go for the glamour shows and with all “reality” it’s never truly real. Discovery may be a different venue if you do consider this in the future.. or OWN.